Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Carlos.

I'm a Graphic Designer.

Everything started with a friend and a book. I was asked to design the publication of his research he did while teaching. That was 1994, when I was a junior copywriter at Contrapunto/BBDO and had access to an incredibly fast Macintosh II, a scanner and a really good 1993 printer. At that time, I teamed up with another copywriter, providing ideas to our CDs, so both of us got interested in art direction and graphic design after 5PM.

From my very first experience to present day a lot of things have happened. In 2003, I studied art direction, typography, photography and graphic design at Emily Carr Institute for Art and Design and joined Rethink Vancouver as an Art Director. I've done all kinds of visually-related work: graphic design, art direction for advertising, photography, web design, film editing, graphics in motion for ads, film credits and effects, etc. Today, I spend more time in photoshop and design applications than in Microsoft Word. Probably.

As you will see, my design style is based in very simple, witty, subtle ideas. Like the ones that a copywriter would have
.

But let's stop using words and enter the visual realm.